Cryptum, a new project that consists of hardwareBG.com (a popular Bulgarian IT and hardware forums) founders and supporters, is the first ever company aimed at creating a high-end board game development and publishing business, crowdfunded by a token sale. Its key goal is to steer away from the need to rely on exchange speculation based on the company’s success or hype for creating a value for their tokens, by devising a multi funnel financial solution, for the short and long term. Cryptum plans on investing in multiple interlinked projects, like board games, a mining farm and a cryptocurrency, diversifying the sources of future funding and profits.
Cryptum’s first game is thematically named Blockchain: The Cryptocurrency Board Game and allows up to five players to compete by building mining rigs, investing in ICOs, buying and upgrading high-end mining hardware and more, with the goal of owning the most Bitcoins and Ethereum at the end of the game. Blockchain simulates both the competition and cooperation between miners by using solo and pooled mining, difficulty changes and market development. ICO offerings add some risk-taking elements to the endgame. Players can upgrade their hardware with more powerful GPUs or even ASICs, install advanced software and updates, and invest in token crowdsales while they are collecting, selling and even dumping their altcoins in favor of Bitcoin or Ethereum at the end of each round, or speculating that they will have a higher cost in the future. Player interaction is achieved through card drafting each round and event manipulation during the game turns. Cryptum has plans for at least four expansions for the game, featuring: Exchanges, mining farms, forks and an ultimate game-changing final expansion called: “Project 2020“. Each of the first three expansions would introduce current market updates to the base game, new or updated cryptocurrencies, new hardware upgrades and gameplay mechanics.
Along with Bitcoin: The Cryptocurrency Board Game, which is expected to be released around the third quarter of 2018 (Oct. 2018 according to roadmap), Cryptum has announced at least 3 more games in the pipeline:
- Primewarp: Genesis – a post-cyberpunk shooter with many unique features and mechanics that would appeal to almost every gamer, featuring a host of game modes. The game is massive and Cryptum has even prepared an expansion for it, called “Blades and Fire”, adding even more content and the possibility to play 5-player games.
- Magic in a box – a game with over 800 cards with exquisite art designed for players who want to play the traditional TCG (Stands for ‘trading card game’, the likes of Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh!) with friends and families, but without the need for constant investment in new and expensive cards. the game would require a tremendous effort in the art direction, but Cryptum claims they are prepared to turn it into an enormous project.
- The last announced game is a classical cyberpunk-noir adventure for 1 to 4 players, set in a not so distant dystopian future, at a time when cryptocurrencies are already widely accepted. Right now this game is just a concept.
Cryptum is raising funds by means of an ICO of their Ethereum-based token called Cryptum token. Cryptum tokens are based on the Ethereum blockchain, so they are connected to your Ethereum addresses, and will require ‘gas’ for transactions. Important to note, 100% of the tokens are offered to the buyers and not a single CRTM will be kept by the team. The company targets a million tokens initially (Stage I, 16 Sept-16 Oct 2017), then 100,000 more (Stage II, 17 Oct-17 Nov 2017).
Unsold tokens will be burned. Investors in Cryptum tokens will gain access to Cryptum’s games just by owning certain amounts of Cryptum tokens, divided by tiers:
|Tier||What you get||Price(In CRTM)|
|1||The Blockchain game, coins and shared profits||25|
|2||The Blockchain game, 4 expansions, coins and shared profits||35|
|3||Full access to all 4 announced games and already announced expansions (4+1), coins and shared profits||65|
|4||Lifetime subscription to every game and expansion published, coins and shared profits||100|
What Cryptum offers their investors are four different ways to get value from their investment: After the launch of Crpytum’s new mineable cryptocurrency, token holders will be able to gain an amount of coins based on the number of Cryptum tokens they own. The new coin, dubbed Cryptum coin(CRYC), is said by Cryptum to be exchangeable through exchanges, though currently the exact CRYC to CRTM ratio has not been established and no major exchanges has announced they will support CRYC. This new coin will offer token holders a new way to capitalize on their investment in Cryptum by means of exchanging or holding their Cryptum coins. Along with CRYC, token holders will be entitled to 20% to 40% from each of the games’ profits (percentages vary depending on the game development cost), generated through Kickstarter, retail and wholesale sales. This is applicable to every game Cryptum will ever publish under their brand. 30% of the total amount raised through the crowdsale would be then invested in a small to mid-range mining farm. The mining farm will offer a different independent source of income to support existing and future projects. Cryptum’s mining project will kick off with 50% of the profits divided among token holders for the first 4 months and then will start lowering them gradually by 5% every 5 months down to 30% at the end of the second year of operation, which will mark the end of the shared profits from mining. Every income henceforth will go into supporting the company’s projects, specifically new games and expansions, and support of the new exchangeable coin, CRYC.
In summary, token holders are entitled to:
- The games themselves, along with the expansions
- Cryptumcoin (CRYC) to exchange in markets
- A portion from the games’ profits, ranging between 20% and 40%, indefinitely
- A portion of the profits from the mining farm, ranging between 50% and 30%, for 2 years.
The management behind the project is somewhat unknown outside the IT/board game scene of Bulgaria. Cryptum is supported by and comprised of people that are behind the largest Bulgarian IT community, hardwareBG.com, started in 1999. Cryptum’s partners are BoardGames.BG, HardwareBG.com and Crypto Mining Blog, and the company’s headquarters reside with Inistrad Ltd., located in Sofia, Bulgaria. Inistrad will be in charge of local operations, board games and mining projects management. Another project by Cryptum’s team is a new ICO listing website dubbed icodbase, as a direct response to the growing numbers of ‘paid only’ listing websites. Icodbase, through Cryptum, will only charge companies for advertisement and cosmetic packages targeted at promoting specific campaigns. In the future, they plan on adding audits and ranking systems.
Lead Team (information taken from company website):
- Nikolai Tsekov, Project manager: Nikolai is Cryptum’s project manager and a lead designer for many of the board games they develop, as well as main contact person for any freelance and company contracts. He’s still administrating over the hardwareBG.com IT forums, but after over a decade of work as an IT journalist, editor and a PR specialist, in 2013 he started his own retail company, now owning one of the top Bulgarian tabletop hobby stores – BoardGames.BG. He has studied robotics techology and computer programming.
- Anton Belev, Lead developer: Anton is a huge tech enthusiast and the leading figure behind many online projects: Hardware, 3D/VR, 3D printing, software, actually anything IT-related, and a whole lot of hobbies to complement his skills. He’s responsible for most of the software development for the Cryptum projects, and studied Computer Science at New Bulgerian University in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Kiril Venev, CTO: Kiril is Cryptum’s chief technology expert. One of the co-founders of the leading Bulgarian IT community at hardwareBG.com and the company with the same name.
- Grigor Stoichkov, Technical Advisor & Procurement: Another of the hardwareBG.com founders, Grigor is lead technical advisor of the Cryptum Mining project.Tihomir Terziev, Board game co-designer: Tihomir is probably the most experienced board gamers in Bulgaria, and his work in BoardGames.BG contributed to his experience with a deep understanding of the players’ needs. Being an avid gamer himself also helps with beta testing and rules writing.
- Alexandra Pashova, Board game design and testing: Alexandra has an unique position in the Cryptum Board Games project.
- Zahary Dimitrov, Games 2D design: Zachary is a gifted freelance designer, photographer and artist, but more importantly – he’s a board gamer too, which makes him understand well the necessities in the layout design and practical decision-making in the art direction.
|Token Sale Dates||Stage I (ETC&BTC): 16 September 2017 – 16 October 2017|
Stage II (+Altcoins): 17 October 2017 – 17 November 2017
|Total Supply||300,000-1 million target for stage I, 100,000 token for stage II. No additional token allocation. Unsold tokens will be burned.|
|Raise Limits||1 million tokens.|
|Pricing Structure||Exchange rate during stage I: 1 ETH = 50 CRTM, 1 BTC = 600 CRTM|
The pricing henceforth and the ratios between CRTM and CRYM are yet to be determined and the corresponding speculations are explained in that segment
|Technical White Paper||https://cryptum.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/CryptumWhitepaperV2.pdf|
Comprehensively presents an ambitious business plan combined with real passion for board games.
|Team||Presents an ambitious endeavor to catapult the board gaming industry through blockchain technology. Their plans are solid, diversifying their income streams helps with hedging the risks of a specific product failing. Nonetheless, they seem to know tenfolds more about designing games than about blockchain technology. Their team is not very well known; some core team members do not have any information about them online.|
|Location||Inastrad LTD, Sofia Bulgaria|
*Disclosure – At the time of writing, cryptorated staff owned no Cryptum tokens.
Interested in deeper analysis – Cryptum?
Most Read Reviews
A decentralised banking platform will enable anyone to open a bank account and crowdsource financial services.26 DAYS REMAIN
Mango Startups is the first decentralized fund for Latin America. We are investing in a diversified portfolio of 24 tech startups. We offer a clear exit strategy for our investorsCrowdsale Starts in 40 days
Sapien is a highly customizable, democratized social news platform capable of rewarding millions of content creators and curators without any centralized intermediaries.Crowdsale Starts in 11 days
Zipper brings the decentralized world to our smartphones in one seamless and user-controlled experience, starting from easy and secure use of one’s cryptographic identity and private keys.Crowdsale Starts in 40 days
Empowering blockchain developers and token holders to sell cryptocurrency and services at any physical store in the world.Crowdsale Starts in 1 days
ELECTRIFY is the first retail electricity marketplace in Southeast-Asia addressing the need for transparency and security in the consumption of energy.Crowdsale Starts in 24 days
The Skraps platform allows users to round up spare change from everyday fiat and cryptocurrency related purchases and invest the difference into diversified portfolios of cryptocurrencies and crypto assets.26 DAYS REMAIN
Experty is a video/audio messenger service designed to connect knowledge seekers and providers, in a blockchain-based ecosystem.Crowdsale Starts in 5 days
WePower is launching blockchain and smart contracts powered green energy trading platform where everyone can buy, trade or invest in tokenised green energy.Crowdsale Starts in 12 days
A decentralized video content streaming platform that is powered by users who then in return get rewarded with Theta Tokens.2 DAYS REMAIN
A decentralized, crypto-enabled marketplace for SMBs and ISPs, simplifying lead generation and B2B / B2C interactions via an offer/request ecosystem5 DAYS REMAIN
PECULIUM is a savings platform developed to benefit from managing a superior cryptocurrency portfolio with the help of machine-learning, AI-based decision making.4 DAYS REMAIN
TravelChain is decentralized blockchain-based platform which provides accessible and authentic smart-data.21 DAYS REMAIN
Fluz Fluz is a mobile-first marketplace where members can purchase gift cards and earn cash back rewards.29 DAYS REMAIN
Rentberry is a new-to-blockchain rental housing platform.39 DAYS REMAIN